The Illinois Center for Transition and Work is seeking submissions for the spring ICTW Symposium being held at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on April 25 and 26. Presentations should focus on topics related to
career development and transition from school to work for students with disabilities, with a special emphasis on students with extensive support needs.
Deadline for Submission: Nov. 10, 2023
Type of Presentations (all sessions are 60-minutes; AV support is available for breakout sessions only):
- Breakout Session (research/literature review) – Presentation of a scholarly research paper or literature review.
- Breakout Session (practice) – Description of an exemplary program or effective practice that is supported in the literature.
- Conversation Session – Discussion of a specific topic facilitated by the presenter with up to 10 attendees at a round table. Multiple sessions will run concurrently in the same room.
- Poster Session – Presentation of research findings or literature review in a poster format. Multiple sessions will run concurrently in the same room.
Please address the following areas in your submission.
1. Title: Limited to 12 words
2. Abstract: Limited to 120 words
3. Content Description: Based on the type of presentation, please address the required content areas.
- Breakout Session (Research/Literature Reviews – limit 1,200 words): For scholarly research papers include the Purpose, Method, Results, Implications for Practice, and Conclusions. For literature reviews include the Purpose, Summary of Literature, Implications for Practice, and Conclusions.
- Breakout Session (Practice – limit 600 words): Purpose, Summary of Literature, Description of Program or Practice, Implications for Practice
- Conversation Session (limit 1,200 words): Purpose, Description of Topic, Discussion Questions
- Poster Session (limit 600 words): Briefly address the criteria identified for the research or literature review breakout sessions
4. Learning Objectives: Identify three learning objectives for your presentation
5. Presenter Information: For each presenter, please provide the following information as it should appear in symposium materials: Name, Credentials, Institutional Affiliation, Email, Address, Phone Number.
6. Availability of Presenters: Please indicate that if accepted, all presenters agree to attend the conference, pay the conference fee, have their session recorded, and not charge a separate admission fee for their session.
7. Alternative Format: Please indicate your willingness to present a poster or conversation session if your submission is not accepted for a breakout session.
Applicants will be notified of the decision on their submission on or around Dec. 1, 2023.
Please contact the Illinois Center for Transition and Work at firstname.lastname@example.org.